This Privacy Statement describes how the Ottawa Juniors Competitive Ultimate Program (OJCUP) (“we” or “us”) collects, uses and discloses personal information about (1) visitors to our website; (2) donors, sponsors, and attendees at fundraising events; (3) volunteers; and (4) athletes and athlete family members (all 4 collectively referred to as “you”). This Privacy Statement, which applies to all activities in Canada, informs you how we collect, use and disclose personal information whether online or offline. OJCUP will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the applicable law.
When do we collect your personal information?
Ottawa Juniors Competitive Ultimate Program (OJCUP) collects personal information when you voluntarily provide it, for example when you: correspond with us; complete our website forms; donate funds; register to attend or sponsor an event; register or participate as an athlete, coach, volunteer or family member of a participant; participate in a survey; or request to be on a mailing list.
What personal information is collected?
Depending on your interaction, we may collect the following:
- Web-site information: name, address, telephone number, and email address (these will be referred henceforth as “contact information”)
- Athlete information: contact information, gender, date of birth, medical insurance number and history, biographical information, photographs of you.
- Parent or legal guardian information: contact information, credit card information for payments made by credit card, bank information for payments made by email Interac.
- Volunteer information: contact information, volunteer screening information, biographical information, medical insurance number and history, coaching certification, photographs of you, criminal record check, reference checks.
- Sponsor and Donor information: contact information, organization (if applicable), credit card information, bank information for payments made by email Interac.
How is my personal information used?
The information collected here is for the exclusive use of the Ottawa Juniors Competitive Ultimate Program (OJCUP), and is required for the administration of the program. OJCUP recognizes the private nature of this information, and is committed to ensuring its security. It is the standing policy of OJCUP that:
- Personal information will NEVER be released to any other organization, unless for the purposes for which it was provided.
- Age of majority personal occupying OJCUP administrative and coaching positions, will have their contact information made visible in order to ensure their availability to all program members.
- Specific athlete information, such as players full name, jersey number, and photos may be made visible on OJCUP website and social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). OJCUP will NEVER publish athletes contact and/or personal information on any public medium.
- Medical information will only be shared at time of necessary treatment, and only every with medical professionals (paramedics, emergency room hospital staff).
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
Ottawa Juniors Competitive Ultimate Program (OJCUP) will retain user provided contact information for the duration an athlete, parent, volunteering, donor, is active within the program, plus an additional twelve (12) months for any transition and/or exit activities.
All medical and financial (unless otherwise required by CRA) will be destroyed on or before season year end (i.e. 2018 Season = 31-December-2018)
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized individuals who need to know that information in order to operate our program. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches, we make no warranties as to the security of any information that you submit electronically, which you do at your own risk.
By providing us with your personal information, you, or if you are a minor or are otherwise not capable of giving consent, your authorized representatives, parent or legal guardian, consent to our collection, use and disclosure of that information as described in this Privacy Statement as amended from time to time or as described at or before the time of collection, use or disclosure, as the case may be.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using Ottawa Juniors Competitive Ultimate Program (OJCUP), or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com